Sunday 16 May 2010

Work is a four letter word

Conrad Black has an interesting article on the work habits of our European betters. Apparently, 30% of the population (that includes me) is carrying the other 70%. All in all, he provides quite a few reasons in drive-by fashion why the 21st century will not be the European century as many were predicting just a few short years ago. One of the most important distinctions he makes concerns civil servant positions "which is often not really productive work, or may be just disguised welfare, or at least workfare."

Read the article. And as far as being able to convince potential migrants of the benefits of supporting a nation of geriatric teenagers, good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment